Cape Robertson Wine Valley: Beekeeping and Honey Making experience, incl. optional One-Night Stay for Two, a farm table lunch and more at Farmer Redbeard - Port Elizabeth
Deal by Groupon on Hotels & Trips - SaveMe - Cape Robertson Wine Valley: Beekeeping and Honey Making experience, incl. optional One-Night Stay for Two, a farm table lunch and more at Farmer Redbeard
Discount from 57%
- All travel must be completed by 6 April 2013 Reservation required - at least two weeks prior to travel: 084205 6166 email@example.com Available dates and times will be presented upon reservation Six Groupons per person 48-Hour cancellation policy applies Rate excludes: all meals not specified, travel insurance, items of a personal nature, porterage and tipping and sightseeing not mentioned Over night stay is in self catering cottages and does NOT include breakfast Children welcome Activities are season and weather permitting Groupon to be presented on day of arrival All dietary requirements or special arrangements need to be made seven days prior to arrival Groupon issued and valid once deal closes Subject to availability Picture displayed is a representation Terms and Conditions apply
- Beekeeping and Honey Making experience, incl. an optional One-Night Stay for Two, a farmer table lunch and more
- Meet Farmer Redbeard on his self-sustaining fruit and honey farm
- Beautiful farm in the Langeberg Valley; 90 minutes from Cape Town
- People of all ages and fitness levels welcome
- Self-catering accommodation for a memorable romantic getaway
Cape Robertson Wine Valley: Beekeeping and Honey Making experience, incl. optional One-Night Stay for Two, a farm table lunch and more at Farmer Redbeard
Gleaming in the Langeberg Valley like a precious stone, Farmer Redbeard’s self-sustaining fruit and honey farm is a hidden treasure trove of wildlife, Fynbos, fruit orchards and vineyards. The farm affords guests the opportunity to become both a farm-hand and a guest for a day while the farmer reveals his secrets to success.
Appreciate the balance in nature by experiencing fruit orchards embellished with the majestic winelands mountains with a one-night stay at Farmer Redbeard. Choose from the following options:
R149 for a Hands-on Beekeeping and Honey Making Daytime Experience for one (excluding overnight stay) for one person
R999 for a one-night stay for two
In a self-catering farm cottage, including tea and coffee, honey tasting on farmhouse bread, a farm table lunch and a Beekeeping and Honey Making experience
The Farm Cottages
The vineyards and mountain on a misty morning tell a story of their own. These set the backdrop for Farmer Redbeard’s cosy cottages, which have been renovated with love and attention to detail. With a large indoor fireplace, it’s the ideal nest for a romantic getaway, no matter how inclement the weather. With cottages boasting self-catering facilities that are remarkably private and can accommodate two people each for a thoroughly memorable stay. Overnight visitors grab hold of tea and coffee, honey tasting on farmhouse bread and a Farmer Redbeard farm table lunch, ensuring a fully fuelled up experience during the memorable stay.
The Beekeeping and Honey-Making Experience
Groupies get acquainted with bees in the Hands on Honey and Beekeeping experience. Guiding guests through the steps from smoking out the bees to collecting honey from the beehives, the session promises to be sweeter than a candyfloss-wrapped toffee apple. Groupies start off with a smooth tractor ride to the beehive where the honey is collected, before being whisked off to the honey room where they’ll uncap the honeycomb and spin out tasty, fresh honey.
We actually found this place by chance, and I'm glad we did. The opportunity to stay on an operating farm was one we wanted to experience. The couple who runs the various farm activities were friendly and made the whole experience exciting despite inclement weather
Luxury Cruise: From Durban to Portuguese Islands and Madagascar for Two in a Mystery Cabin Aboard the MSC Sinfonia
Luxury Cruise: From Durban to Maputo and Portuguese Islands for Two in a Mystery Cabin Aboard the MSC Opera